The Mad on Mud ClubOur mission: "To have as much fun playing in our 4x4's as we possibly can while meeting and making new friends through the club".
The Mad on Mud Club was started in December 2001 to give 4x4 owners the opportunity to come up and drive on the off road driving areas whenever they want. One payment per year and you can use the driving areas as often as you want. This is what the club is all about, having 4x4 driving areas available to use 365 days a year whenever you want. When you join the Club I will give you a tour around the driving areas and show you the clubhouse and wash bay facilities, then you are free to explore in your own 4x4.
The Club is based at Glentarkie, 15 minutes from Kinross and Perth just off the M90.
Visiting clubs are very welcome by arrangement and please just call Walter on 01337 860528 to book a day. The fact that other clubs come back repeatedly shows how good our areas are!
- Entry to the Off Road Driving areas whenever they wish.
- Use of the facilities in "The Mad on Mud House".
- Free Mad on Mud Club car sticker.
- Entry to club events every few months.
- Vehicles playing on site web page to show off your vehicle.
All for the knockdown price of only £150 per annum.
- Sunday 14th December 2014 - Club BBQ. Meet 12:30 at reception.
The Off Road Driving Sites
The hilltop wilderness at Glentarkie is well known throughout Scotland as one of the most exciting and dramatic places to use a 4x4. We have just about everything on the driving areas from seriously steep hills to mind blowing descents and very deep water. The tracks are suitable for all sorts of 4x4's from the normal road going family car to the "off road" special.
The Mad on Mud House
The clubhouse has a sitting area with magazines etc, tea/coffee facilities and a loo. The use of the clubhouse is free for our members and there will always be tea/coffee and milk available. We also have a wash bay to clean your vehicle in.
We have a small grassed area, with BBQ and picnic tables, next to the Clubhouse that can be used for overnight camping, close enough to have the use of the loo and a water supply available!
The Mad on Mud Club Safety Rules
- Maximum speed limit of 15 miles per hour.
- You must sign in at the Clubhouse before going onto the site.
- You must have your site map and incident plan in your vehicle.
- A seat belt must be worn by everyone in any vehicle at all times.
- You must have a mobile phone switched on, first aid kit and recovery rope in your vehicle.
- Vehicles coming downhill have right of way, they may not be able to stop quickly.
- Winching and Towing safety policy must be followed, policy on the Club notice board.
- When vacating your vehicle, engine switched off, handbrake on and a low gear engaged.
- Do not damage young trees or bushes, don't drop litter and respect the countryside.
- You must obey directional arrows and note any Danger warning signs, especially NO ENTRY.
- Leave a minimum of five vehicle lengths between vehicles when driving on site.
- Only one vehicle at a time on any obstacle, or on an ascent or descent.
- Visitors must be informed of the danger, sign their risk awareness statement before entering.
- You must not enter the site on your own singly but always have two people on site at one time.
- Keep dogs under control and please do not harass our wildlife.
- Noisy exhausts or damaged/broken exhausts are not welcome, it is a residential area!